Cardamom is the spicy aroma most well known in Chai Tea. Its chemistry boasts both Esters (antispasmodic/muscle relaxing and carminative/digestive aid used topically) and Oxides (helps to break down mucous).
Latin Name: Elettaria cardamomum
Plant Origin: Guatemala
Botanical family: Zingiberaceae
Plant Part: Seeds
Processed: Steam distilled, Certified Organic
Chemical family: Esters, Oxides
Aroma: Warm, Spicy, Sweet
• ANTISPASMODIC - alleviates muscles cramping and tight muscles generally.
• CARMINATIVE - helps reduce gas and bloating when rubbed on the abdomen topically.
• CEPHALIC - clears and calms the mind of overthinking
• DIGESTIVE AID - stimulated digestion
• WARMING - warming where topically applied
Feeling bloated? Keep this lotion blend nearby! This is a 3% dilution blend for healthy adults.
In 1 ounce of Unscented Lotion, add the following essential oils:
- 6 drops Cardamom (antispasmodic, carminative, stimulates digestion)
- 5 drops Orange, Sweet (carminative, stimulates digestion, absorption enhancer)
- 5 drops Ginger CO2 (high zingerone, assists digestion)
Contains 1,8 cineole which should be used in lower dilutions if used on the skin regularly.
For educational purposes only. This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. We are not doctors or medical professionals. We are passionate about aromatherapy and all things healthy and natural. We also believe strongly in the safe use of essential oils. To learn more about blending safely, we have a learning section devoted just to this issue: http://www.pompeiiorganics.com/blend-safe/